Sunday 31 March 2013

March Books

I've only managed to read one book this month.  I'm off work over Easter time and hope to read at least a couple of books to make my book post more interesting next month.


I found Helena Rubinstein by Michele Fitoussi a fascinating read.  Having used her creams and mascaras in the past I was keen to find out more about Helena.

From her Polish upbringing and her parents despair of her ever finding a suitable husband she finds herself going to start a new life in Australia.  A few years of hardship follow but she is determined to make a name for herself.  She opens her first salon in Melbourne and offers her customers scientific and innovative advice. Salons follow across Europe and the USA.  She lived and breathed her work and her legacy is still seen today in her innovative methods to market & manufacture products.  I found this a fascinating and interesting read and would recommend it.

What have you been reading this month?

8 comments:

  1. I've never been one for biographies but this one does sound interesting. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A while back I read War Paint, which is about Helena and Elizabeth Arden's rivalry- it was BRILLIANT (you can read my review here: http://stephaniepomfrett.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/war-paint-elizabeth-arden-and-helena-rubenstein-their-lives-their-times-their-rivalry/) My local library has just bought this in, so I may well pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have Warpaint on my wish list as well. Love combining make up and reading x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew she started her business in Australia! This looks like an interesting read. I have my March books coming up on my blog soon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really interesting read! Oh great I love your book reviews :) x

      Delete