Thursday 7 March 2013

7 Days Raw Challenge - Day 4

Oooh halfway today!  I can say I am feeling more mentally alert and am sleeping a lot better and more deeply too.

For breakfast: crunchy granola with almond milk which is deliciously creamy with sliced banana.  Definitely one of my favourite breakfasts.


For snacks: I ate courgette crisps which were chewy discs of courgette with a lemon flavour - really quite yummy and more spiced seeds which I loved eating yesterday.  I've still got my crackers with cashew cheese to eat.


For lunch: Lunch was Stir Fry with Cauliflower rice.  The "rice" had a texture like rice and was interesting to eat.  The vegetables were fresh and full of flavour and came with a sauce made from Japanese pickled plums - this made for a salty, sweet and sour flavour.


I felt like a chocolate fix in the afternoon and I snacked on a Cocoa Orange nakd bar which is made with raw fruit and nuts and is a good flavoursome substitute for chocolate!



For dinner: Sausages with sauerkraut and tomato sauce.  This was tasty. I'm not a huge sauerkraut fan but it tasted good with the sausages.


Pudding - I could get used to pudding every night! Chocolate Berry Brownie. A delicious chunk of brownie with berries.


I had a bit of a stressful day and wanted a large glass of wine but settled for a decafinated coffee latte with almond milk - it was rich and creamy with a hint of coffee flavour.

Follow Claire on Twitter  
See the website here

Orb Cafe
Shining Light
246 Morrison St
Edinburgh
EH3 8DT

8 comments:

  1. Again looks so lovely xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its all been really yummy and filling too x

      Delete
  2. Looks tasty! I've had a salad everyday this week for lunch, really enjoyed it. I miss salads in the winter, even though it is still pretty damn cold :( i am a new follower :D Beautyqueenuk nominated us both so thought I would check your blog out!

    would love for you to check mine out if you have a minute, www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to incorporate more raw into my diet as everything has tasted SO good! Thanks for following, followed back x

      Delete
  3. Only you could make raw look so good! I finished my cleanse today and immediately fell off the bandwagon, argh. I had a cup of pesto pasta and my body is making my head pay for it in the most painful manner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This food is all picked up from my friend's cafe Orb. Awwh poor you, hope you feel better soon. I've been so tempted by having a glass of wine but resisting ;) x

      Delete
  4. The food looks really yummy. It just seems too much hassle to do it fom scratch but getting every meal from the cafe is so great!! Definitely makes easier to follow. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flavours are amazing so tasty. I agree its been really easy getting all my meals from the cafe - means I don't need to think what to eat. Going to keep up the salads etc. x

      Delete