Monday 4 March 2013

7 Days Raw Challenge - Day 1

I picked up my food for the next two days yesterday at Orb Cafe from Claire (Orb stands for Organic Raw Bountiful).  See my challenge post here.   It all looks delicious!  I love that snacks are also included and cake!  I can also add in some fruit too.




Here's what I ate today:

For breakfast - raw sprouted buckwheat fruit bread made with apples, pecans, raisins and cinnamon served with almond nut butter and raw jam with banana and a mug of Bellevue Sencha Green Tea.


It was really delicious, the almond butter and raw jam tasted divine and I was full until lunchtime.  Although I did sneak in a snack of parsnip crisps which were peppery, salty and delicious.

For lunch - Avocado sandwich with pine nuts and spicy peppers with a side salad. This tasted really fresh and all the flavours went well together.  The "bread" is Mediterranean sprouted buckwheat and is made in the dehydrator (like the fruit bread).  The side salad came with a really tasty dressing.

I snacked on some grapes and some raw chocolate in the afternoon.  The chocolate was really quite nice (not like Mr Popple's chocolate!). It contains fruit and is slightly sweet.



For dinner - Veggie Lasagne - courgette lasagne sheets layered with spinach, mushrooms, sweet tomato sauce and "cheese" sauce.  This was simply delicious!  All the flavours worked well together and I'd love to eat it again.  I served it with some raw spinach.



Pudding too! - Pumpkin pie with cashew cream. This has a nut crust and the filling of pumpkin has a touch of cinnamon.  This was really tasty.  I served it with some blueberries and strawberries.



I also drank water and herbal teas throughout the day.



Thanks to Hannah who made up all my food to take away. I'm going in for lunch on Friday so I'll make sure and take some photos to show you how the food is presented in the cafe.

Follow Claire on Twitter  
See the website here

Orb Cafe
Shining Light
246 Morrison St
Edinburgh
EH3 8DT

Do you eat raw?  What are your thoughts on my food today?

25 comments:

  1. This all looks delicious, I'm not sure if I could eat raw everyday but I certainly don't object :) I've got my eye on that Pumpkin pie lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all so tasty. The pumpkin pie was delish x

      Delete
  2. Oooooooo Sandra everything looks DIVINE!!!! I am so jealous right now and my tummy is rumbling!

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything was so delicious - I was quite surprised too! Loved having snacks too x

      Delete
  3. Wow all looks amazing!!! I thought it would all be plain boring foods when you just hear name of challenge but it all looks so yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really tasty and fresh tasting - I enjoyed everything I ate today :) x

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try this! I bet at the end of the week your skin and hair look amazing!

    http://blackswanwhiteswan10.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd love it! I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel by the end of the week. I definitely know I want to add in some raw elements to my diet x

      Delete
  6. That does all look rather tasty I have to say! I am so looking forward to seeing and reading more about this, you have me intrigued xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! The food is all very filling too - I didn't feel I was missing out on anything today :)x

      Delete
  7. How interesting! Can't wait to see how you get on in the next few days!

    February Favourites, Top 5 Blue Nail Polishes, Weekly Wants, Pictures from Paris, Biscotti Recipe, Stila Smudge Pot and more over at http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/

    I'd love to see you over there!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh it all looks lovely!
    yummy :D
    Rosie xo
    A Pocketful of Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've really been thinking about going raw myself! I'm not great with willpower though so it's great to see you can still enjoy some delicious food x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it for 7 days to see what you think. Everything I've eaten has been really tasty and fresh x

      Delete
  10. What a great post Sandra! Am so glad you've had such a positive start to the week!
    We have so much more in store for you later in the week.
    Claire and the team at ORB Cafe x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved everything I've eaten. I've even searched Amazon for raw food books ;) x

      Delete
  11. ohhhh all looks amazing! Really like the look of the breads and pumpkin pie and parsnip crisps! yum! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! The puddings are divine x

      Delete
  12. Oh wow this all looks so damn good! I eat vegetables raw but have never eaten like this before!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd simply love it! Great flavours! I've been checking out the raw food cook books on Amazon x

      Delete
  13. Well done and what an amazing concept too, bet the cafe is buzzing all the time would love to try and do this, think it would do wonders for my health but it would have to be pre prepared meals like yours i think. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic I agree! I'm now trying to add more raw elements to my diet and hope to pick up a "cook" book or two. I've come across a lot of recipes browsing the blog too x

      Delete