Saturday 30 May 2020

May: Lately I've Been Loving

*means I've received the item free of charge for review Here are my May loves:


I fell head-over-heels and then some for Typology* the Vegan French skincare brand which is now available in the UK. See my review HERE.



We've been enjoying some fabulous Edinburgh restaurant dinners - Dining at Home experiences - above Angels with Bagpipes - Angels Wings' main - Pork Belly, Fondant Potato, Apple, Cabbage & Sage Jus (which was delicious!) We've never actually dined at this Royal Mile restaurant - but we plan to when we're allowed to dine out again!


We also enjoyed dinner at home with The Little Chartroom. We've dined at this bijou restaurant before and loved watching Roberta cook her way through the Great British Menu on TV recently. That Chocolate Tart with orange and creme fraiche was to die for! Truly delicious.


Last night, we enjoyed First Coast at Home which was a yummy Indonesian Style Feast! 


We also enjoyed Smith & Gertrude At Home who offer a CV19 Weekend Survival Pack! It contains a bottle of red, white or fizz, a selection of local cheeses, bread, Charcuterie and chocolate (although the chocolate has now been replaced with olives).



We've also been making good use of our local wine shop - the fabulous The Fine Wine Company in Portobello (you can also pick up beers and a wide range of spirits) who also do home delivery in the local area. Last night I tried a delicious summery fresh rose wine - I must admit I was also swayed by the pretty label!


Hubby treated me to a couple of face masks by Catherine Aitken which are gorgeous! I've been wearing them going to the supermarket.


My good friend Nardin had sent me this hot chocolate bauble at Christmas (eek) and I hadn't got round to drinking it. Was fun to watch it melt slowly and the see the little marshmallows appear!




My gorgeous Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box entitled Spring - see my review HERE.


My My Chronicle Book Box which contains a book this month which isn't published in hardback until August! See my review HERE.


I've also been loving the sunny days and restrictions on lockdown - it's the simple things really that count! What have you been loving this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment