Wednesday 29 January 2020

January: Lately I've Been Loving

Oh January, such a long skint month! This January I've been doing #DryJanuary for the very first time. On the whole I've not craved wine and gin too much having found some excellent alcohol free alternatives. I have less aches and pains, have been sleeping better and feel more alert but haven't experienced huge energy bursts or glowing skin! Definitely for me moderation is the key (and I'm very much looking forward to my first glass of chilled white wine on the 1st Feb!)


This Scavi & Ray Alcohol Free Sparkling which I picked up locally at The Fine Wine Company is almost as good as real thing! (I also tried a lot of horrific sparklers). This has helped me through weekends enormously.


Zero Beer wise our top picks for flavour went to Birra Moretti and Budweiser Prohibition. In fact, if I feel like a drink mid-week I'm likely to pick up one of these!



I placed an order for Square Root Soda while browsing for alcohol free alternatives. Some were hits and some misses for our tastebuds. I especially liked their non-alcoholic negroni spritz and their collab with North Brewing - Grapefruit Sour Shandy I'd pick these ones up again.



A January meet up with the #BookBloggingBelles (you were missed Jill!) Thanks to Joanne for organising and Kelly for the photos, as always! A lovely catch up with Sarah and Sandra too and a visit to Portobello Bookshop (lunch+books+chat = perfect!)


My friend Nardin gave me this beautiful full size bottle of Shay & Blue's White Peaches Perfume for my Christmas. I absolutely adore this perfume which is perfect for spring & summertime. It's an absolute burst of fruity freshness with a light sweet touch. It featured in my perfumes for Spring POST.


And of course, I now need latest launch in my collection (and might be tempted after payday!) Blackberry Woods is a blend of juicy blackberries complemented with neroli, lemon and cypress. 

I think the mouthwatering FRUIT range is the one I most identify with (although I love Dandelion Fig (which also featured in Five Perfumes for Spring).


I totally "needed" this delicious Blood Orange tea which I picked up locally at Harvey Nics. It's really delicious! I'll definitely explore more from this BRAND


I picked up my first Cadbury's creme egg on 30th December (I know it's way too early). Gives me pure joy to see them land straight after Christmas (I'm also very partial to mini eggs).


Picking up sale items at Blackwells in Edinburgh (I had enough points for one book free!). I also received a cute bird promo bag with the Almanac. It's the little things...


I drooled over this little ILIA Beauty kit and when Naturisimo were offering 20% off gift sets I dived straight in! The colours are absolute perfection and I'm so happy I took the plunge.




Discovering beautiful Finnish online shop Koti Lifestyle (based in London) via Emma's Blog. Of course, I dashed over for a look. The only brand I know (and have used products from is FLOW Cosmetics (much gorgeousness) all others are brand new! I picked 3 products from the 5 brands currently available. Trying them right now and it's all good...


What have you been loving this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment