Friday 22 February 2013

Friday's Makes, Bakes & Learns #17

I had a bit of a disaster this morning in my first attempt at making macarons from this book.  I'm going to have a second attempt another day and once I pick up a scraper!  

After I quick trip to the supermaket today's bake is Blueberry Muffins - a super easy thing to make - not like macarons!


The recipe is for 12 muffins (I just made 6 halving the ingredients)

250g SR Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
50g soft marg/butter
75g caster sugar
175g blueberries
2 eggs
250ml milk

Preheat the oven to 200C.  Put muffin cases in the tin.
Put the flour and baking powder in a bowl rub in the fat to fine breadcrumbs
Add sugar and blueberries and mix well
Mix the egg and milk together and pour into dry ingredients
Mix quickly and spoon into the muffin cases
Bake approx 20-25 minutes until golden, cool on a wire rack and then enjoy with a cuppa!




24 comments:

  1. These look delicious, if only I liked blueberries!! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwh! You could use another fruit or chocolate chips! x

      Delete
  2. These look amazing xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't managed to master macarons either but I can manage muffins. I especially like adding fresh raspberries or blueberries. I shall try your recipe because they certainly look delicious.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to be able to make macarons too as they are my favourite sweet treat. Oh I'll try raspberries next time x

      Delete
  4. God these look amazing! As good as you would see in any fancy coffee shop! I've never made muffins but I love blueberries so I might just give these a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are super easy (not like macarons!) let me know if you make them x

      Delete
  5. these look soo yummy, i love blueberry muffins xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look scrumptious and so simple to make! I'm going to try your recipe this morning - ill let you know how it turns out :-)
    Perhaps all the bloggers should publish a recipe book ?
    Love the pretty plate too xx
    jenny@redheadbeautydiaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super easy! Let me know how you get on! My mum got me the plates in Morrisons! x

      Delete
  7. Those look so yummy! I want to make some right now! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks they were! and so quick to make x

      Delete
  8. Indefinitely would never attempt macaroons, they are apparently horrendous haha! These look yummy!
    Today I'm reviewing the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have another shot at making macaroons but not soon! ;) Oh I'll check your post out x

      Delete
  9. They look fab Sandra! xx

    ReplyDelete