Sunday 28 June 2020

Latest Buys:Balneaves, Melts Make Scents, Olfactory, Lovely Melts, Smelts & Melts, Winter Hill Wax, The Little Mcleans, Olaplex

I've gone a bit cray-crazy buying wax melts from various vendors this month! (wax melts orders mainly incur various postal charges).


I picked up a trio from Balneaves, Vetiver, Cedarwood & Fir (lush) had come back in stock so I had to try it! 


I also picked up a sample box (£5) from Melts Make Scents which gives you a selection of scents to try out. Inside this box I received - pina colada, fizztastic, midnight blooms, pink quartz, lunar eclipse and fairy laundry.


My first order from Campbeltown based Olfactory was MiSi melts which cost 75p each - these are great for try-me before going on to buy full size. I chose Black Orchid (just like the perfume of the same name with a lush rich scent), Freshly Squeezed Oranges which is again another highly scented summery melt which smells exactly like freshly squeezed orange juice. My third pick was Fresh Coffee which has a light coffee aroma (I'd have liked this to have been slightly stronger). Simone very kindly added two extras in the form of Perfectly Chantelle and Hope.


My second order was the fantastic The Laundry Box which is perfect if you love these fresh washing type scents. My favourite from the box is Pink Cashmere closely followed by Luxury Linen. I'd buy this box again for sure!



And of course I had to buy some more MiSi's! 


Simone kindly added a couple free of charge - Perfectly Chantelle again and lush Raspberry Slush. I bought Blue Coral & Sea Salt, Watermelon and Whisky by Fire (I'll let you know my thoughts in empty posts).


I've bought from Lovely Melts before and have enjoyed their wax previously. This time I picked Portofino Bay (like Tom Ford) and Lemon & White Rose (like Jo Loves). It's also nice to receive a free wee sample - this time - Cassis & Black Vanilla.



I spotted this beautiful Festival Vibes burner on Smelts & Melts so picked it up along with their #waxcident - broken pieces of wax or discontinued scents. I was expecting to get a few broken bits so was quite surprised to receive a mini wax bar which is nice enough but not a scent I'd choose - suppose that's the chance you take when you opt for a surprise!


My friend Sam was raving about Winter Hill Wax's Strawberry & Parsley so I picked up a snap bar of it and a Large Ring of Sandalwood Moss & Palo Santo. I've tried Strawberry & Parsley so far, and it's lovely.




I love the branding and packaging of the wax melt bars from The Little Mcleans. I picked up Simplicity & Duvet Day. I love the brown paper packaging and the little branded bag which comes with your order to store your melts in. These are lovely.



And yes, a final beauty item - OLAPLEX's new Hair Repair Trial Kit (I had a 15% off code). I've used No.3 both at home and at the hairdressers before so I was keen to try the others. 

What have you been buying this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment