Friday 19 June 2020

Balneaves Wax Melts Monthly Subscription Box

I signed up to Balneaves Wax Melts Monthly Subscription Box at the tail end of May (the May box was fabby too). The company is family run and based in the Scottish Borders. The melts are handmade in small batches with 100% soy wax and premium fragrance oils. The pots and box are recyclable (or reusable). My June box arrived at the beginning of the month (boxes are shipped from the 1st and are a very affordable £14 a month). Inside you'll get 12 small melts (25g each) - 10 brand new scents along with 2 from the current collection. You also receive a handy "menu" with descriptions of all the melts that month (and a little wrapped choccie).




I've been really impressed with the wide range of scents and the varying strengths (I'm still working my way through them and will add my "wax melt empties" to my monthly beauty empties post) In June's box you'll find:

GOOD MORNING WORLD: Citrussy Orange, Bergamot, Sage, Osmanthus, Patchouli, Olibanum and Vanilla

PINEAPPLE, COCONUT & CRANBERRY: a tropical blend of Pineapple, Orange, Cranberry, Coconut, Vodka and Peach Schnapps. This one reminds me instantly of holidays and cocktails. Gorgeous - I'd buy this one again.

CLASSY MAN: with warm spices, Tobacco leaf, Oak, Ebony, Incense and Dark Musks

AMBRE: with warm Amber, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, Musk and Vanilla. I loved this and will buy again. 

LOVELY LADY: Green florals, Carnation, Musks and Patchouli

BEDTIME BUBBLES: with powdery soft notes of Rose, Freesia, Lilac, Mimosa, Lily of the Valley, Musk and dry flowers. 

CITRUS MEDLEY: this smells really strong cold! With notes of juicy Citrus, green foliage and fizzy lemonade.

MARINE: I received this in the sample box and really liked it. With notes of marine, citrus, Cyclamen and Muget with a woody base. It's fresh and ozonic. This is one of the melts from the current collection.

LEMONGRASS & GINGER: another melt from the current collection (and another I received in my sample box). With notes of Lime, Sicilian Lemon, Lemongrass and Ginger.

LUSCIOUS: this is a beautiful strong scent. It has top notes of Orange Blossom, Bergamot and Chamomile with a heart of Jasmine, Tuberose, Ylang Ylang & Rose with base notes of Oakmoss, Vetiver & Patchouli. It's a rich floral with woody notes. I love it and would buy again.

STRENGTH: with Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lavender, Rose, Jasmine, Pineapple, Clove, Apple, Melon, Sugar and Musks.

RHUBARB & ELDERFLOWER: I love all Rhubarb based scents - it's the sweet/sharpness I love. This one has notes of Rhubarb and Elderflower along with Tea Rose, Pineapple, Musks and woods. I'll definitely buy this one again.

If you sign up before the 21st June you'll receive the June box. See more info HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment