Saturday 17 July 2021

*Love Lula: PLASTIC FREE JULY: Herbfarmacy, Elsa's Organic Skinfoods, Butterwhips, Skin Alchemists + Lyonsleaf

As you'll know I've been theming my Love Lula Accredited Blogger Picks this year. See my previous reviews:

January - SLEEP,  February LOVEMarch - AWAKENApril - BLOSSOMMay - FORAGE, June GROW

This month I chose under a theme of #PlasticFreeJuly:

I've been enjoying testing them all out! Definitely some buy-agains in there. 

Every Herbfarmacy product I try I love. Their Comfrey & Mint Foot Cream* (55ml - £15) comes in an aluminium tin (and is presented in a cardboard sleeve) which is easily reusable/recyclable and for the cardboard recyclable. The cream has a deliciously light but nourishing texture, a minty herbal scent and feels soothing and nourishing on the feet. It's lovely to use and will rescue tired aching feet and cracked heels. Comfrey helps to improve skin elasticity and heal. Hypericum relieves aches, pains and inflammation. Spearmint is antibacterial and anti-fungal. 

To use: slather on dry feet massaging until absorbed

This is a gorgeous product which makes for happy feet!

I'd only ever had a teeny sample sizes of the tins of Elsa's Organic Skinfoods deodorants before so when this arrived I thought it was massive! I chose Lemon Ice Creme Deodorant* (45g - £11) which has a delicious zesty scent. Fresh lemon and grapefruit are crushed together with ice for a refreshing treat for the underarms. 

To use: massage a pea size amount into the underarms or between the toes for fresh smelling skin!

I've been enjoying using this creamy deodorant which comes in a reusable aluminium tin. I've felt fresh all day long.

As you'll know I'm already a huge, huge fan of gorgeous Butterwhips having reviewed some products in the range recently - see HERE. Traditionally Floral Geranium, Lavender & Vitamin E Body Butter* (25g - £8) has a classic floral scent. It melts instantly onto warm skin leaving it feeling nourished and delicately scented.

To use: apply a small amount to your palms, rubbing together before applying the melted butter over your skin for luscious nourished skin.

This is a gorgeous product! Again, it's presented in an aluminium tin which is easily recyclable or reusable.


I'm a huge fan of Skin Alchemist's gorgeous artisan soaps which come simply boxed. I chose Fresh Mint* (128g - £10) which is perfect for summer. The soap has a creamy lather and a distinctive mint aroma. It's enriched with dead sea mud, aloe vera gel and sea moss.

To use: use with warm water to create a gentle lather, massage over the skin and rinse.

Absolute love for this beautiful soap! 


Rounding up my #PlasticFreeJuly picks is Lyonsleaf Try Oil Cleansing Pack* (8ml + 5 muslin cloths - £5.99). I've used Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm before (review) so it was lovely to revisit (it also makes a good moisturiser!) The muslin cloths are a good quality too. The beauty balm comes in a reusable tin and full instructions are included. 

To use: massage a small amount of balm into the face and neck, massaging over the skin before removing with one of the warm damp muslin cloths. You can also use the beauty balm as a moisturiser. 

Great to revisit - definitely need full size again! What have you been picking for #PlasticFreeJuly?

No comments:

Post a Comment