Wednesday 15 July 2020

*nknaturals: Season Specific Skincare: Summer


*gifted 
Founder, Nicola very kindly gifted me the whole Summer collection - I was so touched by her kindness (and I definitely squealed with joy when I opened the carefully wrapped package!) I've been testing and trying since I received the collection and these are my initial thoughts (I'll be back with fuller reviews soon). As you'll know I adore nknaturals having first dabbled with the range in it's earlier form way back 2018 - review, and then the whole range of season oils* review. I had a little purchase from the Spring Collection see HERE and I received the Spring Nutrient Rich Oil in my May Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box.

Summer is a beautiful uplifting blend which is handcrafted in small batches and formulated with season specific ingredients to make sure your skin is always looking its very best. These are just initial musings I'll return to the blog with fuller reviews shortly.


Summer Concentrated Cleansing Balm 60ml (£25) repairs and hydrates the skin during the summer months. It'll regenerate sun damaged skin leaving it feeling clean and nourished. To use: massage a small amount over the skin, inhaling the aroma before removing with a warm damp muslin cloth. My skin's been loving this and has turned cleansing into a real ritual.

I absolutely adored Spring collection's Daily Moisturiser* - see my review HERE. So I couldn't wait to try Summer Enriched Protection Daily Moisturiser 60ml (£30) which truly is a delight. Meltingly rich it absorbs instantly on warm skin and can be used on the face, neck and decolletage. Again, it has the delicious aroma of "summer" - neroli, frangipani and cedarwood. To use: apply a small amount to the skin massaging until absorbed.

Having tried and loved Spring Deep Steam Salt Infusion review I was more than happy to try Summer's version which is a mix of home air dried rose petals, vanilla pod and seabuckthorn berries along with Atlantic sea and Himalayan salts. To use: ensure your skin is clean. Add a spoonful of the salts to a glass or ceramic bowl before carefully adding boiled water which will dissolve the salts and hydrate the buds. Lower your face over the steam and cover your head with a towel making a "tent" to keep in the steam. Sit over the steam for five minutes or so, building up to fifteen minutes as you feel comfortable with the heat.


Summer Distilled Copper Botanical Mist 50ml (£15) is one of my favourites from the range. It's been especially formulated for the summer months and can also be used on the body! To use: spritz onto the skin after the salt infusion or cleansing balm. It can also be used on the body, to cool down sun warmed skin or sprayed onto cotton pads to cool and relax tired eyes.

Rounding up the collection is the fantastic Summer Nutrient Rich Facial Oil 15ml (£15) which comes in a handy rollerball, making it great for travel. This skin loving rich and aromatic oil regenerates and repairs summer skin. To use: apply to the face at night after cleansing and awaken with nourished and glowy skin.

I've been so impressed with the whole Summer Collection - it's absolutely stunning! What are your favourites from the collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment