Saturday 11 July 2020

The Ghost Family Haunts: The Ghost Family Flame Wax Melts

I randomly came across The Ghost Family Flame on Instagram under the #SmallBusinessSunday hashtag and oh how glad I am! Emma (vegan soy wax melt creator) joined forces with Joseph to create a very special place on the internet - The Ghost Family Haunts where you can discover Clothing & Accessories, Prints, Crypt decor, Room Sprays, Essential Oil blends, Soy Wax Melts, Incense and the Subscription Box (which I've just signed up to!)


I couldn't resist an 8 melt pick 'n' mix box (£10) look how beautiful it is! Emma hand blends her waxy creations before individually wrapping them up in layers of wax safe paper with the illustrations designed by Joseph. 

They honestly are too gorgeous to open! Inside each you'll find a highly scented soy wax scented melt with an 8 hr burn time. I selected the scents which "spoke" to me (Fragrance Library). 



I selected:

Liquid Death: "Sweet like sugared twisted liquorice knots in candy striped paper bags", Cloud Girl: "blends freshly unfurled garden mint, speckled with dops of morning dew. In comes rolling, silvery storms and the gentle whisper of Cloud Girls soft, black dress. Notes of garden mint, lavender and vanilla"Shut-In: "blends pine cladding, attic dust, fire embers and oak smoke together using notes of patchouli, ho wood and frankincense with a heartstring of fresh pine tips"Lyndhurst: "there it is, just climb on up! Reach a little further and you'll be able to pick yourself the most perfect, ruby jewelled apple", Grave Visitations: "anointed with an eye opening blend of crushed holy basil, shining with the ever ringing glow of resinous eucalyptus and the cool air of apparitions. Notes of holy basil, eucalyptus, spearmint and patchouli", Cauldron Seasoning: "A witch that knows what they are doing will never forget to season their cauldron before summoning only the best conjuration. For the perfect charm, all you need is a black, shiny cauldron and the blended scent of smoke, fire and herbs", His Boots are Rising: blends threads of red vapour, bourbon & boot polish; hot embers and damp earth. This scent will always be on your mind. Notes of earth, fresh roots, tobacco and bourbon"Frogs & Toads: "cool evening air after a sweet Summer's day can always be celebrated with floral tones of night blooms. Hear the crickets sing and hear the calls of frogs and toads. Notes of verdant landscapes, cool air, light florals and violets".


I also picked three individual large clamshells which are currently out of stock - these come in at £6 each with free p&p (like the pick 'n' mix boxes).



My selection (this was my 1st order):

The Dark Gourd: All Hail The Dark Gourd: "between the embers of trees, in the deepest, darkest our of Halloween night; that's where we meet and summon The Dark Gourd from beneath the ground. The orange glow of pumpkin flesh, divine treats and rich, deep resins pierce the air as we are released from our earthly bones and float away into the moonlit sky. Notes of spice, heavy resins and sweet creams". My thoughts: this has a gentle sweet pumpkin aroma laced with spice and sweetness which is almost good enough to eat! I've been burning this one in my kitchen and it makes me want something sweet to eat!

Sabbat: "May this scent cackle through your home. Undress under the light of the moon with the scent of the forest. Ancestors meet in this sacred space with notes of incense, parchment and libations". My thoughts: it has a peppery and incensey aroma which is growing on me!

Blue Lupin Moon: "Full moon is the perfect time to capture the scent of a werewolf. Lightly trodden violets, lay under trees of birch and oak". My thoughts: I love this woody and earthy scent which has a whisper of violet.


I'll let you know my thoughts from the pick 'n' mix selection in my beauty empties post (new feature) but so far I'm impressed with this quirky and unique small brand. Follow them on Instagram HERE and HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment