Wednesday 27 November 2019

*Blomma Beauty: Curating Natural Beauty


*productsamples Karen MacDonald, Founder of Blomma Beauty (which means to Bloom in Swedish) reached out to ask if I'd like to review a couple of products* from the range in her carefully curated online shop. Karen, an ex-beauty buyer has created a beauty centric concept which gives small batch artisan makers a platform for selling their wares as well as providing meet-the-maker events, pop-ups (next one coming to you 1st December in Shoreditch), workshops and pamper sessions. See details of all up-coming events HERE.


I spotted lots of well-known to me brands in the shop (ones I've reviewed and tried previously - Casa MencarelliEvering Botanique and Organic House Skincare to name a few) as well as some new to me brands such as soapNskin, Hemsley Organic and Ginger Green Co. I selected a totally new to me brand soapNskin and a well-loved brand Silvan Skincare. Products are sent direct from the producers where possible to ensure freshness and quality control.


SoapNSkin was founded by two friends and the products are made to order in London using the finest natural ingredients. The range is inspired by the mystical silk roads of the east, friendship and the multi-cultural Britain we live in. Recipes have been handed down from the generations using traditional methods and the products are handcrafted with love and attention to detail. Packaging is recyclable and the pots re-usable.

I picked their luxurious Skin Deep Body Butter with Rose & Sandalwood (£25 - 120ml)* which is a delicious and nutritious treat for the skin. Formulated with skin loving butters and enriched with neem and beeswax, the butter has a delicate rose and slightly spicy scent. 



To use: warm a small amount in your palm and feel it turn to a nourishing oil before massaging it over your body.


My second pick was from known-to-me, Silvan Skincare in the form of their lush Anise Lip Balm (£5 - 15ml)*. This deeply nourishes the lips and has a gorgeous spicy scent. It's a blend of orange and star anise oil and perfect for wintertime. Formulated with organic shea, jojoba and apricot oils this Vegan lip balm is a delight.  I like the little re-usable tin and minimal packaging. See my previous Silvan Skincare reviews HERE and HERE.

*Get 15% off your first order with beautybalm15*

Have you been to a Blomma Beauty event or bought something from the shop? Do let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment