Sunday 7 July 2019

Review: The Soap Mine


I first discovered The Soap Mine quite randomly just after Christmas last year. There were some Christmas Soaps remaining so I dived right in! I'm hoping to pick up some of these beauties again this year.


Founder and formulator, Vicki first started making soap as a hobby but it soon developed into an obsession. She decided to start selling her soaps to the public (and found working from home the perfect way to make some money while her children were still small).

The soaps are drop pour and she loves choosing colourways and fragrances for each new soap which are handcrafted with love and attention to detail. The bars are made with Olive, Coconut, Avocado and Castor Oils along with Cocoa and Shea Butters. They are Palm Oil free and Vegan friendly and the soaps are presented in a reusable drawstring bag.


I've found the soaps to be perfectly scented and creamy with a rich lather. They hold their shape and last and last. There's not currently a website but you can order via Facebook.


With my last order Vicki very kindly sent me a bath bomb which made for a relaxing soak and a solid conditioner bar. 

Follow on Instagram HERE and Twitter HERE

Have you tried any products from The Soap Mine?

4 comments:

  1. I was recently gifted a bar of Vicki's 'Snowdonia' soap bars, and it's just as you say creamy and long lasting. I have an allergy to most standard perfumed soaps but gave this a 1 week trial. Now been using it every day for 3 weeks and no problem at all with my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand is really lovely isn't it. I've got the facial bar to try.

      Delete
  2. I had the complexion bar they did last year and really liked it. Another soap company I like which you may have tried Sandra is The Little Soap Company who are in the Cotswolds.

    ReplyDelete