Friday 6 July 2018

Formula Botanica: Diploma in Organic Skincare Formulation Update

As you'll know I've been studying the fantastic online diploma with Formula Botanica in Organic Skincare Formulation*. You can see my initial post HERE and my first update HERE. I've been slowly working my way through the modules, taking loads of notes, researching different ingredients and creating products using my own formulations.

You can sign up to any of the courses right now - see the choices available HERE. Enrollment is open until 10th July 2018 for this intake.



At the end of my last post I was just about to blend a cold and warm blended cream. One of my favourite creations was a warm blended cream with Grapefruit & Vetiver.  As well as the essential oils, I formulated the cream with Shea Butter, Sweet Almond oil and antioxidant Vitamin E. Also in this module we learn how to formulate an oil blend before taking the module quiz which enables us to pass to the next level.




The next modules involve Facial Product Formulation - toners, cleansers and moisturisers. I picked up a few ingredients from several suppliers.



In this group of modules we learn how to formulate Facial toners with and without solubiliser, Facial gels, Bi-Phase Facial Cleansers, Cream, Gel and Foaming Cleansers, Micellar Waters, Anhydrous Facial Creams, Facial Oils, Facial Balm, Lip Balm and Facial Emulsions. It really is fascinating and the course is very easy to follow. Next up it's Body Cleansers, Moisturisers and Spa Exfoliators. 

I'm really enjoying the course and hope to share with you some more creations soon! Remember you can sign up until 10 July. See more details HERE.

*complimentary

No comments:

Post a Comment