Tuesday 3 July 2018

Rare Beauty: NAKIN Purifying Face Toner & Freyaluna Skincare Shampoo Travel Kit

Founder Corinne at Rare Beauty asked if I'd like to be a "mystery shopper". I was given a voucher code* to use and went to explore the site which is the UK's first women-led natural beauty store.

Current brands include: Nakin, Freyaluna Skincare, Mallow+White and Supernatural Beauty. You can see the full range of brands HERE. This is always evolving and growing so keep your eyes peeled for new brands being added.

Corinne's hobby was making her own natural skincare and last year had a lightbulb moment to create her own online shop with the products handcrafted in small batches by women.

There are also a small select group of Beauty Residents who honestly review all the products instore. Check them out HERE.

And so to the products I selected..


The products are beautifully wrapped (it's the little things..) 


I'd heard of NAKIN before but hadn't up to now tried any of their products. I selected their Purifying Face Toner (150ml - £15)* which comes boxed and has quite sleek but simple packaging. The toner will cleanse, tone and condition the skin. Aloe Vera cleanses while Witch Hazel detoxifies pores, Seaweed extract purifies and Hyaluronic Acid hydrates.  The toner has a pleasant naturally fresh scent and is suitable for all skin types. 


My second pick was Freyaluna Skincare's Shampoo Travel Kit (2 x 30ml bottles - £10)* which are great for try me or travel. I love the simple but pretty packaging (I'm already a fan of this brand having reviewed their Rose Petal Gift Box (link) (I think the nearest thing to that now is the Smell the Roses Gift Box) and their clever TRY ME Selection Box (link - although I reviewed this way back in 2012 and prices have understandably increased).


The bottles are nestled in tissue and inside the box is 30ml of Nourishing Nettle & Lavender Shampoo which is nourishing and strengthening and 30ml of Gentle Geranium & Ylang Ylang Shampoo which is formulated for normal hair types and leaves the hair soft and very shiny. There is enough in each bottle for six washes making them the perfect try me or for holidays. I've enjoyed using both varieties but I think Nourishing Nettle and Lavender just has the edge!

Have you bought anything yet from Rare Beauty yet?

*complimentary

No comments:

Post a Comment