Thursday 5 November 2020

Edinburgh Wax Co: Candles & Scoopable Wax Melts

I first discovered Edinburgh Wax Co via social media and was keen to try their products as well as supporting a business local to me. The company was set up by friends, Karen and Paul who share a passion for candles. The range is hand poured in Edinburgh using soy and coconut waxes which are infused with premium fragrance oils with the tins being re-usable or easily recyclable.

I picked up one of their candles in Rhubarb & Plum at 239 The High Street in Portobello, a local gift shop which sells a range of Harris Tweed items, organic skincare, candles, local books etc. It's a real treasure trove - I always buy something when I pop in!

The candle has a strong scent with a superb throw and an even burn (you can still smell the aroma the next day - which for me is always the sign of a quality candle). The medium candles have a 40hr burn time and cost £11.50). The scent is fruity - with juicy black plum and fresh rhubarb which is complemented with notes of pear, peach and blackberry.


I'd never tried Scoopable Wax Melts before. These are presented in a reusable/recyclable tin and come with a little wooden spoon to enable you to scoop out the wax. Again, the scents are super-strong!  These cost £6.50 (90g) and would make great presents! 

I chose Dark Honey & Sandalwood, which contains notes of tobacco leaf, honey, sandalwood, amber, tonka bean and patchouli which has a woody, sweet and comforting scent. It's perfect for autumn!

The second tin (which I was kindly gifted) is Lavender* which contains pure lavender essential oil. This is soothing and I've found perfect to use in the evenings before bed to relax and unwind. 

To use: scoop a teaspoon of wax onto your warmer (each teaspoon should last 3-4 hours)

I'm now eyeing the Christmas range! Check out the online shop HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment