Tuesday 17 March 2020

My Chronicle Book Box: March: An Invitation to Die For..

I blame Jo over at My Chestnut Reading Tree for enabling me to sign up for My Chronicle Book Box (I read her review and knew I wanted to be a member straight away!) The subscription costs £25 a month and payment is taken on the 1st of each month. What you'll get is a hardback signed first edition (swoon) and some other treats which tie in with the book that month.




March's theme is An Invitation to Die For....


Inside the box is your wrapped book (I had no idea what the book was so didn't initially read the info sheet), a card with an interview with the author, a wooden invitation made by Cam Graphic, a plant bookmark displaying deadly botanicals and a cute little mini planter which is suitable for miniature blooms and succulents and made by Sheffield's Burgon & Ball.

So far...so good..



I was really excited that this month's book was firstly one which I hadn't read but also one which is on my wishlist! The Guest List by Lucy Foley is Lucy's second crime thriller and the storylines surrounds the marriage of Jules and Will on a remote island off the Irish coast. Everything has been planned to perfection and it should be the perfect day. Oh and it is.... until the body is found... I'm really looking forward to reading it and will share my thoughts in my monthly book round up (not likely to get round to it this month - but it will be soon!)

And for a closer look at the other bits in the box..







I'm really chuffed with my first My Chronicle Book Box. Are you a subscriber? What are your thoughts on the theme and contents this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment