Thursday 22 January 2015

Spending Ban: Update 3

Well...I failed spectacularly on my spending ban during the middle of last week! I was feeling a bit down (no excuse I know!) and splurged big style!  I'd looked at this little set before Christmas and was tempted to buy it at the Harvey Nichols Shopping Party...but resisted...until now!


I'm already a huge fan of Shay & Blue's Atropa Belladonna scent - see my review here.

The set also includes the delicious Salt Caramel which I can't stop wearing. It contains caramel, sea salt, tonka bean, Bourbon vanilla and sandalwood. It is sweet, delicious, cozy and makes me feel like I've come home! This is my new signature scent for sure (two people have asked me what perfume I'm wearing!) and I know I'll buy a full size when this one's finished.

Also in the set is Blood Oranges and Sicilian Limes two fresh and fruity scents. I've not really tried them much yet so further thoughts to follow.

The final scent in the set is Almond Cucumber which is perfect for Spring and Summer. Light and refreshing and quite unlike anything I've worn before.



And so, I'm going to continue my ban into February too after this enormous splurge (£65).

For once, I'm not wanting anything this week!  If you are on a spending ban how is it going?

18 comments:

  1. Oh you are norty Sandra ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry too much! Just enjoy..February is coming soon!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying them :) Thank you x

      Delete
  3. I have this set too. So far I'm only a fan of the cucumber one. Something about the sicilian limes reminds me of Indian food and now I can't wear it. It does smell much nicer on my husband though. I feel it was a bit of a waste of my £55 pounds as I got £10 off and feel disappointed in my first experience of Shay and Blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh that's a shame! I do think Sicilian Limes smells a little bit masculine but will give it a try! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try Shay and Blue and now, I love that when you cheat you do it in style, don't feel guilty ;) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love Shay & Blue perfumes Ana! haha I did for a little while only ;) x

      Delete
  5. Love the sound of the salted caramel and the two citrus ones ! What size are the bottles L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are 10ml each Magi. The little set was out for Christmas and I picked it up at Harvey Nics and there were a couple of sets still available x

      Delete
  6. Wow these scents sound amazing! Salt caramel and blood orange are two I definitely want to try now!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed Tania! They are lovely x

      Delete
  7. This sounds lovely! What a great set to break a ban on. I love the sound of Salted Caramel and Blood Oranges. I am currently on an unofficial spending ban.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this a Nice cheat! salt caramel ?! seem delicious, don't worry for the challenge, haha i cheated on the last one too :\ haha, we need to work on our self control :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! Definitely need to work on self control! haha x

      Delete
  9. Oh my, salt caramel sounds amazing! xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete