Friday 30 January 2015

January: Lately I've Been Loving

My friend Claire gave me this little diary. She said she spotted it and thought instantly of me! Wonder why...haha. (We used to have wild nights out!) I love it. It made me giggle. I'm using it for recording what blog posts I do each day.




I was ill just before Christmas and missed my work's night out - boo! I got my Secret Santa when I went back to work in January - it's a beauty!


I got this kai set from Cult Beauty just before Christmas - I simply adore kai perfume oil.  It contains gardenia (one of my favourite florals) along with jasmine, rose, tuberose, lily, cucumber and green notes. It's expensive but I'm on my third or fourth bottle! The hand cream is lovely too. It absorbs quickly and leaves the hands smelling of kai. This little set cost £44 (the perfume oil on its own is £40). 


I totally fell in love with Shay & Blue's Salt Caramel scent before Christmas but with other things to buy I didn't.. I'd picked up the trial size set #SpendingBanWeek3 and I've been wearing it just about all the time since! Full size will be mine...and soon!  My mother-in-law also loved it and asked if we could buy it for her birthday!




We went for lunch at Just Burgers and Beers and I had super delish The Carlos Santana - mexican inspired with homemade flatbread, corn chips, jalapeno, red pepper and chipotle salsa - yum! (the sides were to die for too!)


Spotted this wee bench outside a cafe in Leith Walk, Edinburgh. Made me smile.


Also on Leith Walk (Albert Place) we came across this fab new pub called The Black Fox. It serves a wide range of craft beers as well as cocktails, spirits etc. The homemade pizzas from the food menu looked great too. Looking forward to going back soon!


Delicious Toatie Tablet* handmade by Diane and can be delivered worldwide! it is very moreish as well as being delicious.  See more info here.




What have you been loving this month?

*complimentary

10 comments:

  1. Must agree with toatie tablet , it's terrific , just how it should be. Would like to try salted caramel perfume,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very yummy. It's amazing my signature scent for sure. M-in-L was in love after first sniff! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely little finds! That bench is adorable and I am definitely intrigued by the Salted Caramel perfume and kai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could be as organised as you with my blog posts!

    Ami xxx
    ami-rose.com
    @AmiRoseBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normally but this little diary really helps x

      Delete
  4. The salt caramel scent really does sound delicious! I love the concept of that bench, and the interior of the pub looks great. Oh, the Toatie Tablet sounds so yummy! My Granny makes amazing tablet. I'm so excited as I'm off to Scotland tomorrow! :) xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! Thanks for your comments and have a great time in Scotland :) x

      Delete