Sunday 25 January 2015

BEING Drift Salt Bath & Bloom Lip Service


My package arrived from BEING on Friday and I'm delighted with it. The brand has just launched and I managed to get a pre-launch special of 15% off.

Founder, Cynthia is a former Marketing Manager whose career was full on and she longed for a quieter pace of life in France. When this didn't happen she decided to learn how to create and make gorgeous products which calm and soothe both the body and mind.

Products are hand made with love and care in Portland, Oregon. They are 100% Vegan and natural and contain no parabens, no preservatives, no additives, no synthetic dyes or fragrances, no soy-based ingredients, no SLS and are GMO free. Packaging is reyclable and reusable and the boxes are packed with shredded junk mail!  Cynthia also works with fair-trade certified suppliers.

I chose Drift Salt Bath ($18 - 227g approx £12) which are made with Hiwa Kai Black Lava Salt and Dead Sea Salt. They provide "balance and increases blood flow while essential oils of atlas cedarwood and juniper berry inspire mental strength and stability for an empowering and transformative soak".

To use: once immersed in the bath add salts and disperse with your fingers.

I've not had the chance to try these yet - tonight for sure!

My second purchase was Bloom Lip Service Enlightening Vanilla+Rose ($12 - 15ml - approx £8) as soon as I saw this I knew I had to have it! A lip balm in two of my favourite scents!  This was created to remind Cynthia of rose syrup desserts and vanilla wafers at her favourite Lebanese cafe.  Apply to the lips as often as needed.

With shipping (no Customs yah!) my order totalled $43.50 (£29) making it an affordable treat! 

See the website here
Follow on Twitter @beingapothecary

14 comments:

  1. These sound really lovely! Love the packaging. xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to give them a good try! x

      Delete
  2. Just checked their website and everything looks super..from products to design! really interesting! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Definitely more I want to try too x

      Delete
  3. Ooh both sound lovely, those bath salts look interesting and the scent of the lip balm sounds gorgeous :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I'm looking forward to trying them out. It is! x

      Delete
  4. Love the sound (and look) of those bath salts - seem very different from what I've used before! The lip balm sounds lovely too :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this brand, the products sound great x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brand new! Only launched earlier this month x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comments, ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for creating such gorgeous products! x

      Delete
  7. these look lovely!! I really love the packaging and love bath salts so definitely trying these out ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab! The bath salts are gorgeous. Defo want to try more from this brand x

      Delete