Saturday 18 April 2020

My Chronicle Book Box: April: Secrets from the Swedish Forest...

I signed up for a My Chronicle Book Box Subscription (£25 a month) last month - see my post HERE. I was very excited to see what April would bring...




April's theme is "Secrets from the Swedish Forest.." and this month there are two books!  Louise felt that during this time of uncertainty and isolation her subscribers deserved an extra treat so along with Will Dean's Black River there's also an ARC of vintage crime adventures Sexton Blake and the Great War (which published on 16 April).


I love the attention to detail, pretty packaging and lovely extras! The extras this month are gorgeous FortyVenus glossy botanical coasters and a Scandi Noir notebook, inspired by Will Dean and his books - perfect to record clues, observations and lists!



There's just something so nice about receiving a signed first edition! This is my first book by Will and I'm looking forward to delving in! It is part of a series, but can be read as a standalone (I think I've actually got Dark Pines nestling on my kindle - perhaps I should bump it up!)


As ever, we receive a nice informative note from founder Louise and an exclusive letter from Will Dean.



The second novel Louise has included for us this month is an ARC of vintage crime adventures Sexton Blake and the Great War.


Sign up HERE. I'm excited to see what next month brings (this for me is a monthly parcel of pure joy) Are you a subscriber?

No comments:

Post a Comment