Sunday 7 March 2021

Upcircle Face Toner+Face Serum

(*I received a blogger discount) As you'll probably know I'm a huge fan of Upcircle's (formerly Optiat) Peppermint Coffee Scrub (review). It was nice to try an Upcircle Pamper Kit via the Mint Green February Starter Kit (review). I enjoyed the samples and decided to pick up two of them full size - one which I'd had samples of before - but had never bought full size - until now that is - Organic Face Serum with Coffee Oil (£14.99 - 30ml) and Face Toner with Mandarin + Chamomile (100ml - £17.99). You also get to choose 2 sachet samples with your order and I picked: Eye Cream with Maple + Coffee and Face Moisturiser with Argan Powder (which picked up Editor's Choice in the 2021 Beauty Shortlist Awards). No wonder, it's lush!


Packaging is stylish, pretty and easily recylable or reusable. All the products are made using ingredients which would be thrown away otherwise such as coffee grounds, fruit stones, chai spices, repurposed chamomile stem extract, residual green mandarin water etc. You can also choose a pump/dropper or aluminium cap, buy first and then with subsequent purchases choose the refill. The range is natural, Vegan, cruelty free and made in the UK.


Face Toner (with the residual water of Mandarin Juice & Repurposed Chamomile Extract) 100ml - £17.99 which comes in a glass bottle with a spray nozzle (you can of course pick an aluminium cap too, to save plastic waste - I'll be doing that when I replenish this bottle). The toner has a delicious floral and fruity scent and is a joy to use. It's enriched with Hyaluronic Acid to plump and can be used as a toner or as a spritz to refresh the skin throughout the day. 

To use: as a toner - either spritz or apply with cotton pad or to refresh the skin throughout the day.

I've really enjoyed using the toner as it feels nice on the skin, has a glorious scent and refreshes and hydrates. This one's a keeper!


Multi-Award Winning Face Serum with Repurposed Coffee Extract  30ml - £14.99 is just superb! I'd tried this already several times via sachets and felt my skin really got on well with it. I'm delighted to have full size in my stash! The serum has a very light texture and slight coffee aroma and absorbs instantly onto the skin. It's formulated with skin loving oils including Rosehip & Seabuckthorn, coffee oil from repurposed grounds and scented with citrus and floral oils. Again, on second purchase pick the aluminium lid and save the dropper! 

To use: apply a few drops to your fingertips and massage into the skin, use alone or apply after moisturiser.

I like this face serum a lot! It absorbs instantly and hydrates and firms and is nice to use.


I love sachets as it gives you the chance to try something new. The award winning Face Moisturiser (with the fine powder of discarded Argan Shells) I received in the Mint Green pack and my skin very much enjoyed (full size is on the wishlist) glides onto the skin and absorbs almost instantly. My skin is hydrated and glows!  The second sachet I picked is a totally new to me product their Eye Cream (with repurposed Maple & Coffee Extract) which will firm + brighten the delicate eye area. It's a light cream which smells lightly of coffee and maple woods - and yes, you've guessed it I "need" it full size!

I've really been enjoying the Upcircle skincare range and now have my eye on the aforementioned Eye Cream, Face Moisturiser and also their Soothing Date Body Cream with Date Seeds. What are your favourites from the range?

No comments:

Post a Comment