Saturday 30 January 2021

January: Lately I've Been Loving

I've struggled through this lockdown (hence the reason I've hardly posted all month). Hopefully with the first signs of Spring (crocuses, snowdrops & buds on the trees) I'll begin to feel a bit better and more focused on better things ahead. What's kept me going is - friends online, re-connecting with an old friend, books, good food and shopping online!  Here are my January loves:


*I've fallen totally head-over-heels for Balm Balm's new Lavender Face Balm (30ml - £9.50)* which I received in January's Love Lula Beauty Box. It's perfect to use before bed for restful slumbers as well as being an aromatic delight. A review is to come for this one! (I received it free of charge (in the monthly beauty box) as a Love Lula Accredited Blogger.


Picking up a second Naturisimo starter kit. See my review of the first one I bought - Moisturisers - HERE. What swayed me this time was the eye wateringly expensive range Kypris having a product in the Night Care Starter Set (£20, worth £68). The kits are presented in a reusable branded pouch (you also get a code for 10% off an item in the box).


Inside is: Kypris Ad Astra Eye Cream Emulsion 2.5ml (see pot below) which is a decent enough try me size (it's seriously lush) - Unfortunately full size 14ml is £173! I'm happy to try and savour this little pot! (I can always buy another starter kit for another hit!). I'm also loving Grown Alchemist's Regenerating Night Cream 12ml which smells heavenly and glides onto the skin. I've tried a few of their products before - see HERE so know I'm going to enjoy this. Rounding up the kit are two products I've tried before - BYBI Babe Balm 10ml - see my review of this multi-tasker HERE and INIKA's Phytofuse Renew Resveratrol Rich Night Cream 4ml. Have you picked up a starter kit yet?


A beautiful surprise box of chocolates (rose and violet creams) from an old friend through the post who I've recently reconnected with was such a joy giving treat! Aren't they just gorgeous! 


Holly spotted on a daily walk - so glossy and pretty!

I normally make Marmalade every two years, this was the year but I knew I'd be unlikely to get to Waitrose to pick them up. Total joy to find them in our local greengrocers. I really enjoyed making it - gave me such a buzz - must make more preserves again!


A little Blended by Mama order always makes me smile. I ordered The Mill on the Moor beeswax melts just after Christmas (this one is available until the Spring Equinox) and is inspired by Bronte country. These ones have a slightly different formula as they have infused coconut oil and cocoa butter in the mix! The melts have a deliciously orangey (blood orange essential oil), vanilla-y (benzoin) and spice (turmeric and black pepper) aroma (break each melt into three).


What have you been loving this month?

2 comments:

  1. A great wee blog! The January blues became vivid hues, with the help of great reads, good food, gorgeous beauty treats, lush smelling melts, and a sparkle of great conversation. Spring is around the corner...😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always have January blues just worse this year! Yes looking forward to spring flowers and lighter nights x

      Delete