Friday 22 January 2021

Recent Buys: Balneaves, Lavish Peach, Local Selects, Blended by Mama & Hells Bells Homemade Soy Candles

I know, I know I was meant to be good in January...here's some recent buys:

Having loved Blackcurrant & Licorice soy wax melt from my Balneaves Monthly Subscription Box (£15 on the 1st of the month - 12 small melt pots) I couldn't resist a small order. Night Blooming Jasmine had come back in stock so be rude not to!

Instagram ads really work! I couldn't resist Lavish Peach's stunning hand poured Peppermint Sea Soy Wax candle which is studded with tiny seashells. So pretty.


Just my sort of thing! The Local Selects The Stockholm Box is absolutely stuffed full of tasty treats from Stockholm. The company is a small start up based in Port Glasgow. My eyes of course alighted first on that beautiful bottle of gin! The box contains: 50cl Stockholms Branneri Gin (which is delicious), 2 x bottles Swedish Tonic, 2 x Beerbliotek, 1 x Renjer Jerky variant, 1 x Malmo Chokladfabrick Chocolate variant (I got a delicious white chocolate with passionfruit which was incredible), a local selects magazine & reusable gift box (I paid for my own box although received 10% off - you can get 10% off also with BEAUTYBALMLS10). Can't wait to see what city they visit next! It'd make an excellent Valentines Day gift (get your orders in before the 8th!)



Just after Christmas I placed a little Blended by Mama order for The Mill on the Moor - which is inspired by Bronte country. It's made with beeswax, cocoa, honey and vanilla infused coconut oil and cocoa butter (and looks almost edible) with zesty blood orange, turmeric, black pepper and benzoin (it smells incredible). It'll be available until the Spring Equinox. I so love Siobhan's melts - they're that little bit different (you receive 3 bars which you should slice into 3 to melt).


I'm always happy to support a new wax melt business. Helen from Hells Bells Homemade Soy Candles followed me on Instagram and I realised "I know her". She's a twitter friend who got made redundant earlier in the year. So I just had to support her growing business. Do check it out! All the melts smell great on cold sniff, there's a good choice of scents and postage is very reasonable! Catch my thoughts when I get the chance to try them out on an Instagram post.

What have you been buying lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment