Saturday 7 April 2012

Beautylishious - April

Harriette, from Beautylishious put a message on Beauty Box Swaps on Facebook asking for a blogger to review her beauty bag (free of charge).  I was the very lucky blogger she chose to review the April bag.

The beauty samples are presented in a beautiful pink cotton bag tied with pink ribbon.  A little "made with love" silver heart is attached to the front.  The beauty samples are tucked inside wrapped in leopard print tissue which is also tied with ribbon - a really nice touch.

You receive 4-5 samples for £12 including postage.  Expect homemade, boutique, organic and branded products.  From May you can find out what will be included in the bag if you fill in the contact form found here or message Beautylishious on Facebook.  I like the surprise element!

The beauty of the Beautylishious bag is that you are not tied to a subscription, you can come as you go as you please month by month.  Harriette makes 20 bags so its on a first come, first served basis.

Payment (by Paypal) for the May box opened on 6th April for despatch on 2nd May, for the June box payment opens on the 7th May for dispatch on 1st June.  You can see all payment and dispatch dates here.




Onto the contents:


A mini pot and 2g sachet (and information leaflet) of STEAMCREAM. This cream is the latest "must have" as it can be used all over the body making it a great product for holidays/gym.  I received this in my Carmine box previously.  This little pot is going in my desk drawer.


A mini pot of Crush Chocolate Body Buff - a natural sugar scrub which smells delicious.  The grains are quite scrubby which I like and the product is very moisturising due to the oils it contains. Definitely one I'd purchase full size.


A trial size of Lancome L'Absolu Rouge lipstick in shade 65, a brownish toned lipstick.  Feels really moisturising on the lips.


Umberto Giannini Dazzling Shine...to Perfection Gloss Cloth - single use.  Gives dry hair a glossy shine and can also be used between washes.


Finally, three plastic pouches containing mineral eyeshadow/bronzer in brown tones from Willow Tree Minerals.  Shades include Autumn Leaves shadow, Sahara Shadow/Bronzer and Mulberry Cider Shadow.  I'm looking forward to try these out as they are lovely shades and from a company I've never heard of before.


My verdict?  A nice selection of product samples.  I especially love trying products from brands I haven't heard of before.  I will be re-using the cute bag for presents or to store cosmetics.


For more info:
http://beautylishious.co.uk/
Beautylishious - Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Looks like some lovely products :) x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great products and its always fun to try out things from brands you haven't heard of before. The bag is very cute too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying brands I've never heard of. I'll definitely be re-using the little bag x

      Delete
  3. Cool! I was looking for reviews of their bags, and this is was very helpful, so thanks a lot of reviewing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see a review of the current one here - http://stansfieldleon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/beautylishious-december-bag.html

      Delete