Tuesday 26 June 2018

June: Lately I've Been Loving

So many June loves...


I've been testing out East Lothian based Miel Botanicals wonderful Prosecco Shave Soap with Vegan brush* which is absolutely fantastic. It helps to give the perfect shave and I'd never go back to shaving foam - a review is forthcoming!

Scotch Bonnet Marinated Smoked Salmon - Avocado - Heritage Tomatoes

Crab Scotch Egg

We had dinner at White Horse Oyster & Seafood Bar in Edinburgh. The food was incredible and I can't wait to go back.



I totally fell for new niche perfume brand Rook Perfumes in June. See my review HERE. The signature perfume Rook by Rook EdP (£79.50 - 50ml) is now available to buy. This was a private blend they kept for themselves until now! (A 2ml sample is also available at £3.50). It contains 25 ingredients and has top notes of Ginger, Cardamon, Ylang Ylang, Incense and Smoke, a heart of Tobacco, Violet, Guaiac wood and Agarwood with base notes of Vetiver, Castoreum, Ambergris, Musk Mallow and Civet. I'm looking forward to smelling this one!

Roasted Scallop - Sweet Cicely Carrot Puree - Puffed Oats paired with One Square Gin with Fever Tree Tonic

Strathdon Blue trifle - Walnut Biscuit - Lochnagar Grape Chutney 

We dined at One Square at the Sheraton Hotel & Spa last week and the A Taste of Scotland 5 Course Tasting Menu with matching Scottish Beers and Spirits was incredible. See my review HERE




I missed the recent blogger event at Jan de Vries Queensferry Street but I was very kindly kept a goody bag. Thanks also to Lizzie for showing me round the store - it's fabulous - there are a lot of make up and skincare brands you only ever see online as well as supplements, teas and foods. It's well worth a visit if you are in Edinburgh. I'll be doing reviews of some of the products (the matcha drink and protein bars have been eaten and were delicious!)


I totally fell for Tropic Skincare's new haircare range*. See my thoughts HERE. Full sizes will be bought of the Nourishing Hair Cleanser and Hair Feast.

What have you been loving this month?

*complimentary

No comments:

Post a Comment