Monday 4 July 2016

Bloom Perfumery: Yearly Sample Pack: June 2016

This is my final pack from my Bloom Perfumery yearly subscription (but I recently signed up for another year as I love it so much!)

This month the samples are "exploring Ambroxan" which is "an isolated ingredient that perfumers often refer to as a wonder molecule. It's a natural ingredient which comes from clary sage".  "It's an ingredient that universally, almost everyone likes the scent of". "In a blend ambroxan extends fleeting ingredients whilst also acting as an olfactive magnifying glass, glazing over top notes and making them shine whilst also rounding out the overall punch of a perfume".

Bloom Perfumery have included a 1% solution of ambroxan to identify the molecule's unique and projective properties.


My favourite perfume this month is Wūlóng Chá by Nishane (50ml Extrait de Parfum £110, 1ml Extrait de Parfum £5) which has top notes of bergamot, mandarin, litsea and orange with a heart of nutmeg and oolong tea and base notes of fig tree fruit and musk. It's the perfect summer scent.

I'm also loving Etat Libre d'Orange's Bendelirious (50ml EdP £70) which is a fun loving scent with notes of champagne, cherry lollipop, iris absolute, leather, tonka beans, violet leaf absolute, grapefruit, musk and vetiver.

Phaedon Paris's Rue de Lilas (100ml EdT £69, 1.6ml £2) has just landed and has notes of lily-of-the-valley, opponax, rain drops, musk, palisander and white lilac.

Grossmith's Floral Veil (50ml EdP £170, 1.6ml £5) with top notes of cassis, green leaves and lemon with a heart of geranium, tuberose, ylang ylang, rose and vanilla and a base of amber, cashmeran and musk. 

I've loved all the Nishane perfumes I've tried via the subscription but unfortunately I found Rose Turca (50ml Extrait de Parfum £120, 1ml Extrait de Parfum £5) just a little powdery and heady for my tastes. It has top notes of Isparta rose essence and ylang ylang, a heart of Egyptian jasmine and Sardinian jasmine with a base of Isparta rose absolute and musk.

The final perfume this month is NEW IN: Paul Schütze Cirebon (50ml EdP £135, 1.6ml £2) and is a bold citrus. With notes of bergamot, cedar, orange blossom, sandalwood, bigarade orange, magnolia, petitgrain and vetiver. I kind of like this one.

See my reviews of the rest of the year:

2016: MayAprilMarchFebruaryJanuary 

No comments:

Post a Comment