Sunday 20 April 2014

Curating @LoveEdinburgh

A couple of weeks ago I curated the @LoveEdinburgh twitter account (thanks to those who joined me there) A new person takes over the account each week and tweets about the city and what they get up to (I was on holiday from work).  Here's how my week (7 April) played out..

Monday
I stayed local and it was raining and really miserable...even beside the sea!


But I picked up some coffee at The Tide Art Gallery & Coffee Shop and popped into my favourite gift shop COVE which has a lovely mix of candles, jewellery, toiletries, cards and gifts with some of the products made by local crafty people.



Tuesday
A fun filled day with lots of eating and drinking and time spent in both the Old and New town.  I picked up some delicious tea at Eteaket - Rose Flower Blossom.



We headed up to the Grassmarket and Mary's Milk Bar for some seriously yummy ice cream - I had rose & dark chocolate and white chocolate & cardamon and David had toasted coconut and pistachio.



I love dafodills it means Spring is here for me!  The buskers were raising lots of smiles too.




We stopped by to see Fiona & Beth at Cranachan & Crowdie who gave us a gin tasting with Miss IntegriTea teas. Cranachan & Crowdie is a fab Scottish food shop in the Royal Mile - pick up Scottish spirits, oatcakes, wine, biscuits, teas, jams, beers, meats, sweets and Scottish gifts.



Afterwards we had coffee and cake at Mimi's Picnic Parlour. We needed #CAKE!


I also took some tourist-y snaps.






Wednesday
I headed up to Greyfriars Kirk where they have medical herb plots in the church yard. I then stopped off at Napiers which has been around since 1860 dispensing herbal remedies. They also have a fabulous shop which sells vitamins, supplements, own brand products including beautiful candles along with brands such as Burt's Bees, Lavera, Dr Hauschka to name a few.







I passed by Zen Lifestyle, a fab beauty salon - must book a treatment soon!



I love Looking Glass Books, an independent bookstore with cafe and gifts which is situated at Quartermile which is the site of the former Edinburgh Royal Infirmary - there are flats, shops and offices there. The buildings are a mix of old and new.






Thursday
We went for lunch to Castle Terrace Restaurant for my birthday. The food was outstanding. See my review here. Loved being invited to sit at Chef's table.  Can't wait to go back!


Friday
I spent some time at the veggie plot on Friday morning. Picked up a Marjoram plant locally. I'm going to expand my herb garden this season.



We went for lunch to our local tapas restaurant Malvarosa. Delicious as always before heading down to the prom to Crumbs to pick up some yummy cinnamon donuts.







Saturday
A day of relaxing mainly after a busy week. I picked up breakfast & herbs at Earthy.





Sunday
Sunday saw us go to Stockbridge Market, 1 Saunders Street (every Sunday 10-5). A foodies dream! Artisan food stalls, food to buy, sweeties, tea, jewellery, candles and other craft items.

I bought some delicious sweet treats from Ocelot Chocolate (handmade raw chocolate in Orange & Fig), Considerit Chocolates (100% dairy free vegan chocolates I chose cinnamon mini truffle bar - delish!) and The Marshmallow Lady (Prosecco & Rose Marshmallow which were simply amazing!) You can buy all mail order - check out the links!




We rounded off the day with a couple of drinks at Hamilton's Bar & Kitchen before heading to Bistro Moderne for Sunday lunch.





See more details about Love Edinburgh here and follow on Twitter @LoveEdinburgh

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, all the food looks amazing! :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post - and food! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! Edinburgh looks so lovely, and all of that food just looks amazing! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was like being a tourist where I live! The food was pretty awesome especially the ice cream! x

      Delete
  4. Great tips for Edinburgh from a local! hopefully I will come over there soon and meet you too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fantastic Ale! I'd love to meet you x

      Delete