Wednesday 20 November 2013

Shay and Blue - Atropa Belladonna Natural Spray

I recently treated myself to a gorgeous Shay & Blue perfume - Atropa Belladonna. I smelt it blind having first read about it on The Sunday Girl blog and fell in love with the sound of it. 

Packaging is super luxe. My order also included a brochure which tells you about the brand and the other perfumes and candles available.



Dom De Vetta founded Shay & Blue in 2012 having previous been ex-Senior Vice President of Chanel and former Global General Manager of Jo Malone London. Julie Massé is the Perfumer and together they have created perfumes which are "deliciously decadent, daringly different".

You can buy the Shay & Blue range online or instore at 30 York Street, Old Marylebone, London as well as from a range of department stores see here.

The perfumes are created using real flowers, fruits and spices. These are hand harvested, weighed and distilled with passion, care and attention to detail.


Atropa Belladonna Natural Spray (30ml - £30) Atropa Belladonna is Italian for "beautiful Lady" and it is also known as poisonous deadly nightshade.  It contains dark cassis berries, white flower blooms of narcissus and jasmine with a base of bourbon vanilla and patchouli.  It is quite simply one of the nicest scents I own! It is fruity, slightly floral, heady and sweet. You can also buy it in 100ml - £55 and as a candle 140g - £35.

Other scents - Blood Oranges, Amber Rose, Sicilian Lime, Suffolk Lavender, Almond Cucumber and Oud Alif. You can also buy samples which are great try-before-you-buy testers - see here. There are also some enticing gift sets available - see here.


See the website here
Follow on Twitter  

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting, I don't wear mainstream perfume due to my allergies but I have been wanting to venture towards giving more natural versions a try & seeing if I can wear them. Great that they offer samples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd love these perfumes. Have you tried Burren Perfumery? x

      Delete
  2. Great post Sandra and the perfumes sound lovely. Like that they offer samples too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely want to try some more x

      Delete
  3. This sounds amazing! :-) Not heard of this brand before. I love it when brands offer samples, especially when it comes to something personal like fragrances. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely beautiful. My favourite perfume of the moment - I've been wearing it every day for the last two weeks :) x

      Delete