Friday 11 January 2013

Friday's Makes, Bakes & Learns #12

My Turkish Delight Vodka which I made in week #9 is still not ready to drink - boo!

My learn for today is Meditation

I've been meditating on and off for a good few years now - I'm trying to do it every day.  It is great to help you relax, de-stress and is great for wellbeing.

My favourite way to meditate is with sound (rather than breath).  Find yourself a quiet spot and relax all the parts of your body starting from your head and working your way down to your toes and then concentrate your mind to the sound.

Your mind will still fill with thoughts but you need to just let them come and go.  I tend to use a sound either in the house (washing machine spinning!) or a noise outside and concentrate your mind on that sound or a CD.

Another method I love is visualisation through a guided meditation by Jude at The Beeches.  She has such a soothing voice and the visualisation is fab.  I always feel calm and relaxed after listening to this. You can buy the CD by contacting Jude  jude@thebeechesnewtonmore.com.

There are meditation classes available to attend (try googling) - I first saw a practitioner locally and I felt totally relaxed, calm and able to conquer the world after that one session!

I also attended a Buddhist meditation class which was an amazing experience! link & link

These are a few of the CDs and a book I use at home - (I am unable to locate Meaningful Meditations CD for the photo - I've got it downloaded)


Journey to the Heart book - Daily Meditations on the Path to freeing your soul - you can buy from Amazon here.

Meaningful Meditations CD which you can buy buy contacting Jude at jude@thebeechesnewtonmore.com

Sacred Chants of Shiva which you can buy at Amazon here.

Meditation - The Secret Wand Within which you can order here.

Meditations for a Kind Heart - see here.

I got the tape when I went for the one-to-one session.

Do you meditate?  What do you do to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment