Friday 17 February 2012

Beauty Bible Testing - My Buy Again Products - Part 1

Out of my first batch of products these are the ones I would buy again.  I still have testing to do for the rest (shampoo & conditioner, cleanser, anti-ageing serum and neck cream - a longer period was set for testing these). You can see all the products I got here.

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks (pale pink) - Loved the colour and texture, how easy it was to apply and how well it lasted and the fact you could use it on lips too.  This pot will last for ages as I've barely made a dent in it - would purchase.  Retails at £18 for 11ml.

Clinique Chubby Stick - Mega Melon - absolutely love this lip product, super moisturising and leaves lips with a beautiful hint of colour.  Retails at £16 for 2g.

Avene Eau Thermal Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub - amazing and effective product, gentle gel scrub, could be used on wet/dry skin.  Soft floral scent.  Felt like it was being really kind to the skin but also removing dead skin cells.  I also love the Thermal Water Spray from this brand.  Retails at £9.50 for 50ml.



The ones I wouldn't purchase are -

W7 Flirty Eyes False Lash Effect Mascara Black (£1.99) and Nuture Protect Day Cream SPF15 (£9.95).

20 comments:

  1. Ive had the pale pink pot rouge on my wishlist for a bit and the chubby stick xx I love Bobbi Brown and Clinique xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend them both - the pot rouge will last for absolutely ages so I think its definitely worth the money & the chubby stick is just fab x

      Delete
  2. I've got the pot rouge and use it now and then. I ADORE Chubby Sticks they are awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. getting these items to test made up for the ones I didn't like! I'm definitely a chubby stick fan x

      Delete
  3. I love the Bobbi Brown!
    www.whokilledlola.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a fab product - going to check out more Bobbi Brown (when I finish my spending ban!) x

      Delete
  4. The lip products look so lovely! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Chubby Sticks are gorgeous, aren't they. I think Clinique's seven day scrub cream is actually better than Avene's scrub too. And I'm a huge Avene fan. I just find the Clinique product is the gentlest.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just fab - such lovely colours. I'm normally a fan of Dr Nick Lowe Cooling Menthol Face Scrub - its zingy and a wake up call in the morning!

      Delete
  6. Pot Rouge has been on my 'list' forever but I'm trying my best to use up some blushers before buying more. I've NEVER hit pan on any so now I'm on a mission.

    The Avene scrub sounds lovely.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend it, was really pleased with the colour I was sent too x

      Delete
  7. I adore both Chubby Sticks and Pot Rouges, although I prefer to only use these on my cheeks as I find them a bit drying on my lips.
    Lucky you getting to be one of the testers!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased with both - and the colours I was sent. I'd applied over a year ago to be a tester so it was a long time coming! x

      Delete
  8. I'm loving the chubby stick too and been meaning to try the BB balm.
    When do you have the next delivery off products? They contacted me few weeks ago but it only for over 40+ :(
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got them all just got longer to test the shampoo/conditioner, serum, neck cream and cleanser. The BB blusher is fab - I'd highly recommend - think it will last me all year - I've barely made a dent in it and been using since I got it x

      Delete
  9. Can't wait to get my hands on some Bobbi Brown products been hearing such great reviews but not yet taken the plunge Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend this product - it's great! I'd only tried BB Lipsticks before but now keen to explore x

      Delete