Friday 14 December 2012

Friday's Makes, Bakes & Learns #10

I don't make many puddings as I tend to have disasters!  The one pudding I seem to be able to make is Pavlova.  I use a recipe from "Sweet Things by Claire MacDonald".  You can read more about her here.

4 egg whites
8oz/225g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp wine vinegar
1 rounded tsp cornflour
pinch cream of tartar
double cream
fruit

Line a baking sheet with a piece of siliconised paper (I tend to use baking paper and grease it a little bit).  Put the egg whites in a mixer bowl and beat until stiff. Continue whisking, gradually adding the sugar until it is incorporated.  Measure onto the meringue the vanilla essence, wine vinegar, cornflour and cream of tartar.  Fold quickly together and spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.  Bake 350F 180C G4 for 5 minutes then lower the heat to 250F 130C G1 for a further 1 1/4 hrs or thereabouts.




Remove from the oven, cool and then turn upside down onto a tray/plate and cover the surface with whipped cream and fruit (I tend to use strawberries).

I made two small ones instead of a bigger one as I visited a friend this afternoon and this is her favourite dessert - she was delighted!




9 comments:

  1. Mmm sounds lush, got friends over tomorrow, just need cream, and away we go. It's given me a great idea too, infusing a blueberry gin at the moment, and was wondering what I might do with the left over bloobs, would make a lovely boozy topping for this I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm yummy yummy :) too bad im so far away, otherwise i would be ringing your bell LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm that looks fab!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I've wanted to make Pavlova for so long but get so lazy! :s x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy all it takes is five minutes to put it together x

      Delete
  5. Yummy! Love pavlova. xx

    ReplyDelete