Wednesday 9 September 2015

Isle of Harris Distillery: Collaboration with Amanda Saurin Apothecary

A truly exciting new collaboration is with Isle of Harris Distillery and Amanda Saurin. The Distillery will make whisky (and gin) and will be there to serve the people of Harris - to create jobs and to educate - both locals and visitors alike.

Amanda has created a truly wonderful and unique range of products especially for the Distillery using botanicals found freely on the Island.



The Distillery very kindly sent me two of the products from the new range to try and review.


Sweet Gale & Thyme Candle (£20)* is inspired by the scent of the Island and is simply exquisite. The candle comes in a beautiful little hand thrown pot (which Amanda suggests using as a milk jug for one or for mixing & pouring essential oils) when the candle is finished.  I suggested refills should be made as this candle is simply heavenly. It is scented with notes of the island - woods and spices with Sweet Gale, Juniper, Thyme and Birch. These are blended in non-GM soy wax. It is a real delight and would make a wonderful gift.


The second item I was sent was Rose & Honeysuckle Hand Cream (30g - £15)* which is a rich cream scented with soothing and calming Rose with anti-inflammatory & anti-bacterial Rose Geranium. Honeysuckle soothes. The hand cream is rich but absorbs instantly and is a real luxe treat. It contains an eco-preservative which is one of the gentlest on the market.  


Another item which caught my eye is Sugar Kelp Aromatic Water (50ml - £20) which is perfect to add a salty sweet tang of the sea to your dram or G&T. I've decided I'm going to pick it up when I buy my first bottle of Isle of Harris Gin.

What are your thoughts on this magical new range?

*complimentary

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sandra! You lucky thing getting to sample this. That hand cream sounds utterly divine - my cup of tea, as I'm sure you'll know). I love it when a skincare brand has a human interest story like this attached to it. A local business making beautiful products and bringing employment to the area - who needs big business?!! Lovely post - just wished I lived nearer! :) Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would definitely love it! I definitely fancy a wee trip up to Harris x

      Delete