Friday 12 June 2015

The Perfume Society: Hidden Treasures Discovery Box

My Hidden Treasures Discovery Box arrived yesterday (many thanks to my neighbour who took it in for me!)  It is packed full of well known and new fragrances along with a couple of very welcome extras (this box is unisex - an acknowledgement to the 30% of VIP subscribers who are men!).

Sign up for a yearly subscription and each discovery box you subsequently buy is a tenner including P&P or pay as you go at £15 including P&P.  The sample vials are all around 1-2ml and this collection also includes a mini 5ml bottle.



The extras this month are AD Skin Synergy Night Treatment Facial Oil 5ml (review) and a 25g travel tube of 'cult' toothpaste Couto.

The first scent I tried was Bex London SW1X which is an Oud Rose which has notes of mandarin, lemon, bergamot, basil, pink pepper, clove, rose, saffron, muget, frankincense, jasmine myrrh, osmanthus with a hint of bank note. This is floral chypre with a spicy note and I love it! 

I'm a huge Miller Harris fan and pleased to see Cassis en feuille EDP a fruity floral which has notes of bergamot, galbanum, blackcurrant, geranium, tomato leaf, cedarwood and musk. It has a lush and fresh scent and is perfect for summer.

Next to jump out at me is Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin, a woody scent which opens with a burst of lime. It's a sensual scent with notes of bergamot, limette, saffron, sandalwood, gaiac wood, white musk, papyrus, cedarwood and vanilla.

Pierre Bourdon La fin d'un ete is a floral with a top note of ginger, a heart of jasmine and a base of patchouli. This is a beautiful and unusual scent which also has fruity notes. Looking forward to wearing this one!

Next up is Jean Patou Joy Forever a floral with notes of bergamot, mandarin, galbanum, rose, jasmine, orris, marigold, orange flower, peach, sandalwood, white musk, cedarwood and amber. I have to say I've never tried the original Joy perfume! This is a modern take with May rose and Jasmine from the original perfume. It is fresh, up-to-date and vibrant and another that I love.

Van Cleef & Arpels Precious Oud another one from the wood family. With top notes of bergamot, pink peppercorns and incense, middle notes of jasmine and tuberose with base notes of oud, patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver and amber. This is beautiful. Love the huge rich hit of jasmine and tuberose. Looking forward to testing this one out.

Annick Goutal's L'ile au The is really fresh with notes of mandarin, tea absolute, osmanthus and white musks which is inspired by a paradise island. A perfect scent for hot summer days. There is a note within that I find really intense.

Fortnum & Mason 1707 Noir is a woody scent and has top notes of pink berries, cinnamon, grapefruit, nutmeg and cumin with heart notes of oudh, saffron and cashmere. Base notes are white musk, amber, vanilla and sandalwood. I was expecting this to be too masculine but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Illuminum Vetiver Oud another woody one with notes of bergamot, vetiver, myrrh, patchouli and Madras oudh. This one is quite powerful and it contains a note I'm not sure I like. It also is quite powdery on me which I'm not keen on. 

Penhaligon's Malabah is from the Oriental family and is super spicy. It has notes of lemon, Earl Grey tea, coriander leaf, ginger, nutmeg, cardamon, rose, orris, sweet amber, sandalwood and musk.

Did you pick up one of the boxes? What are your thoughts on the contents?

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea, but I am so fussy about perfumes I'd probably reject most of them! x

    Quite Frankly She Said - UK Beauty, Parenting & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the excitement of it. There is always going to be a few you don't love x

      Delete