Saturday 27 April 2013

Decleor Facial & Afternoon Tea at the Roxburghe Hotel, Edinburgh

In association with Essential Edinburgh - Spa in the City returns to Edinburgh on 4th and 5th May - I'm excited that's next weekend!  See my initial post here.

I was asked along yesterday to The Roxburghe Hotel for a complimentary Facial* and Afternoon Tea*.

What a gorgeous day I had!  Danielle, the Spa Manager was lovely, so friendly and made me feel at ease instantly.  I had a Decleor mini facial which was wonderful - so relaxing - I'd forgotten how lovely Decleor products are.



After filling out a new client form I was lead to this lovely treatment room for my facial.


I've used Decleor products in the past but not for ages so it was great to get a re-introduction to them.

My treatment started with talking about my skin issues which I'd listed on the form and then it was straight into some pampering.  

My skin was cleansed with Aroma Cleanse - Essential Cleansing Milk - a light lotion which contains neroli essential oil and sweet almond oil.  Smells amazing and removes all make up.  This was removed with hot cleansing cloths.

Next up was Phytopeel - Natural Exfoliating Cream - this is a cream exfoliator which is put on the skin like a face mask, left to dry and then massaged off, removing the excess with a cotton pad soaked in tonifying lotion.  I've used this before and love it.  It was in a Feel Unique box - see here.

My face, neck and shoulders were then massaged with Aromessence Iris - which helps tone and energise the skin.  As with all the Decleor products this smells gorgeous!

A mask was then applied and whilst it was working I was treated to a scalp massage.  After the mask was removed my skin was toned with tonifying lotion and then moisturised with Harmonie Calm Soothing Milky Cream. I must make a note to self to treat myself to facials! I felt relaxed afterwards and my skin looks radiant.

Hubby met me for Afternoon Tea* afterwards and what a treat it was! We had a glass of Champagne each as well as tea (Earl Grey and English Breakfast).  We sat at the window and watched the world go by - and escaped the hail shower!



Here's what we ate -

Sandwiches - egg mayonnaise, tuna and ham & tomato
Scones - with jam and clotted cream (butter available too)
Cakes - Mille Feuille, mini meringues and ginger cake

It was simply delicious and such a treat! Thanks so much to The Roxburghe Hotel for such a lovely afternoon.  If you are in Edinburgh next weekend make sure to drop into The Roxburghe Hotel Marquee at Spa in the City. (St Andrew's Square, Edinburgh EH2 2AD).

Follow on Twitter    


*complimentary

12 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like pure heaven, its been years since I used Decleor products too xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'm definitely picking some up when my stash goes down a bit x

      Delete
  2. I love Decleor products and also had a facial at this spa too recently. Very good treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'll definitely go back again soon but for a longer treatment x

      Delete
  3. Hello lady, do you live in Edinburgh? I used to. Coulda popped down to shop with you lol xx Laura A Scottish Lass <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that would have been wonderful!! x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had such a lovely afternoon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like an amazing way to spend an afternoon - the stuff dreams are made of! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) definitely! It was such a lovely afternoon x

      Delete