Monday 26 September 2011

Latest in Beauty

Each month it costs £1 by mobile, for postage and packaging costs, plus usual network rates and you get to choose three sachet samples from Latest in Beauty.  There is not a huge selection to choose from but I thought I'd give it a try. 

You choose three samples from three categories:- skincare - make up & fragrance - hair & body.

You chose your selection online once you've set up an account.  A code is sent to your mobile phone which you then add to your order.  About a week later your samples arrive in a small pink branded box.  After you have tested them you can rate them on the website.


I chose:-
  • 5 x 1ml sachets Dr Bragi Age Management Moisturiser.  The full size of 60ml retails for an eye watering £120.  It contains marine enzymes to help reduce the signs of ageing.  It is marketed as a serum, moisturiser and eye cream in one.  I found that I could use each sachet twice.  It had an interesting gel like texture which at night melted into the skin.  Using it in the morning I found it sticky and didn't enjoy the feel of it on my skin.  On the website it says to allow 15 minutes before applying make up - as if I would have time to do this running out the door to work!
  • 1 x 1.5oz/44g sachet Burt's Bees Therapeutic Bath Crystals. A 453g tin retails at round about £10.99.  Contains salt crystals and essential oils of rosemary and eucalyptus and has quite a medicinal smell.  On the packet it suggests using after a workout. I like Burt's Bees products especially the lip balms but I found this a bit boring. I prefer bath products that smell nice! 
  • 0.5ml Crabtree & Evelyn Lily EDT carded vial sample and 5g sachet Lily body lotion.  Also included was a voucher for £5 off if you spend £25 instore or online.  Nice enough scent but a bit too flowery for my taste.  Body lotion was good quality and sank easily into the skin.  On website it says "a floral with musky undertones, greens, mosses, musk, hyacinth and Ylang Ylang.
Would I buy any of these items?  The answer is no.  It was nice to try them out though and I'll give next month's mini box a go.

Also on the website you can buy a themed box which is out several times a year and retails at £4.95 inc P&P but worth over £20 and currently contains sample sizes of Clarins, Dr Organic and Balance me to name a few. 

You can also buy luxury samples from brands like Abahna, BioEffect, Cowshed, Murad and Dr Lewinns.




1 comment: