Wednesday 29 June 2016

June Books

The day job's been super busy so I've not managed to read so many books this month.. Here's what I've been reading:


The Night Stalker by Robert Bryndza (DCI Erika Foster #2)* - An absolutely un-put-downable second book of the fab DCI Erika Foster tale. This time there is a night stalker targeting single men with different backgrounds. Erika and her team have to find a motive before another man is murdered. Who is killing these men and why? 

There is another story running alongside of Simone who cares for her patient Mary and two people who reach out to each other during their night time online chats. A fast paced read which I couldn't put down. Can't wait for part #3.


A Place of Safety by Emma Salisbury (DS Coupeland #2) - having loved the first part of the series I found this second book faster paced and enjoyed finding out more about the DS Coupland and his partner DS Alex Moreton. It was also great to meet Emma at the recent Authors & Bloggers event (link) and to be able to tell her how much I've been enjoying her books.

Two friends go out for a final fling to a new local nightclub before one of the friends head off to University.  They are in the wrong place when a drive by shooting takes place and their lives are changed forever...Another witness is murdered and the race is on to find the killer before something happens which deeply shocks the team. Fast paced and un-put-downable. Would recommend.



Willow Walk by S J I Holliday (Banktoun #2) (I was thrilled to win Joanne's recent giveaway to win a copy of Susi's book). I also attended her book launch last week and was able to get my book signed!

Having loved Black Wood I was keen to read the second book in the Banktoun Trilogy which I devoured in a couple of days.

The story opens with a woman waking up to a scene of devastation following a drug fueled party. A woman is attacked by an escaped inmate from the local psychiatric hospital and there are deaths linked to legal highs. The fairground is in town and Sargent Davie Gray is trying to find a connection. 

His girlfriend Marie is acting strangely which he's finding disturbing. Unbeknown to him Marie has been receiving creepy letters from someone close to her in the past. She decides to take matters into her own hands with devastating consequences..A brilliant fast paced read. Highly recommend.


I See You by Clare Mackintosh (thanks to Joanne for the loan of her copy). Having loved I Let You Go I was really excited to be able to read Clare's newest book. I don't want to say too much as it launches at the end of next month.

Coming home on the tube Zoe sees a picture in the classified section of the local evening paper which looks like her. She shows it to her family who say they see the similarities but say she should forget it. She can't.  She gets in touch with a local Police Officer who initially thinks Zoe's claims are dubious but does eventually listen... A fast paced roller-coaster of a read which I was reading at every available moment and when I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it. An absolutely gripping read. Just brilliant.

What have you been reading this month?

*copy from Netgalley

No comments:

Post a Comment